Getting Paid To Market Yourself
When we hosted Jill Konrath last week, Jonathan and I had an “ah ha” moment (about 22 minutes in) when Jill described one particular tactic she uses to market herself and her ideas.
So Jonathan and I decided to dedicate an entire episode to exploring her idea in much more detail. How can you get paid to market yourself?
Give this episode a listen as we describe examples of paid marketing opportunities and cover how to find the right big pockets (those who can afford to pay you) and craft your pitch.
– “To increase the monetary value of your speaking gigs, have product available.”—JS
– “It may look really simple—an e-book or a guide—but how that gets marketed, whose hands it goes into, how your name is used, matters. They’re all part of your brand.”—RM
– “Ask yourself: how does this opportunity align with my message? How does it work for my people?”—RM
– “If you get people to sell out, you’re in trouble”—JS
– “Answer the question: what do you write about that serves their audience’s needs?”—RM
– “You’ve got to do your homework or you’re a spammer. And people smell spammers a mile away” —JS
– “If it makes you feel gross, you’re doing it wrong”—RM